Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you eat large meals before weight training?

yesterday I didn't get a chance to eat anything all day and my workout was at 5pm like always so on my way back from the work site i stopped at a steakhouse and had a steak with plain potato and rice. i told them not to add any oil or anything. then i went to gym and my workout was awful and sluggish. why does this happen? what is the science behind this? I thought we needed food to workout

you honestly think that you want to eat a big meal before you work out??? like you really wonder why thats a bad idea?

Sometimes I’ll carb up prior to a lifting only session, typically it’s when I’m doing 8x8 programs. The trick here is you can’t eat and then smash training, I always like 60-90mins before and mainly carbs and protein.

Oats, protein powder, powder PB mix - during heavy training days, 60-90 prior to walking in, I’ll also pound an Anadrol 50mg tab during that window.

It’s not for everyone, depends on how your body digests carbs and protein - I use raw vegan protein pre workout and glycosurge style intraworkout Shakes.

Point is - find what works best for you and your training plan, regardless of the science or bro-science every human being is different.

Keep crushing it.

I eat 1 to 2 hours before workout and if was legs 2 hours and i try to eat high absortion meal like cream of rice with whey or egg withes , dont eat solid mela like steak or chicken because is hard to digest

when you eat food your body has to process it. that takes energy. a big meal is going to be harder to digest, something like some fruit and rice will be easier.

if you go into a workout with your body under stress and working hard to digest a lot of food that is taking away energy from your workout. learn to workout FASTED. even the biggest bodybuilders in the world do this. they eat AFTER their workout, not before.

you also want to evacuate before a workout. that means shit and piss out everything you can. that will make a huge difference. when i used to do triathlons the best guys would always pack toilet paper with them to take a dump 30 minutes before the race started. this is very important too

A big meal before training would destroy my energy. Your body wants to digest after eating so you expend a lot of energy on that. Either have a light meal a couple hours before or just have nothing next time.

this goes with any physical sport or training, your body needs time to digest, you're stomach and GI track is already contracting and moving unbeknownst to you, adding to that will and can actually stop the process, this is why some people will later vomit and most of their food is not digested. if you get into a jam like that again, don't go full hard core, just go through the motions of the lifts and don't over push yourself. we have all been there at one point or an other, and we'll all mostly be in that stop again, it happens in life. Take longer breaks, dial things back and so on.. Just try to be mindful about your schedule, some things are out of our control at times. Also, if your that late again and in crunch time, and hungry, sometimes skipping the day and just working on your macro count is good too, re-feed and rest, just don't make a habit of days like this. :)

People think that pre workout meal gives energy for workout , but is not because you will not have time do digest meat of even fish 2h pre workout. What gives you energy to train is the post workout meal of the day before , and using dextrose during workout . So if you need to train hard dont eat alot or to near workout