Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to become a personal trainer?

hurstom

I have been lifting since I was like 8 years old, and have always had an interest of it from the first time i picked up my uncles weight sets in his garage. I am now 22 and still in college but want to personal train because that is my passion. the local gym i went to is taking applications but the owner said I first need to get certified. how do i do that?

You can get certified online but I like Dave Polumbo certification you can check his too. It's easy to do.

that is good you connected with the owner. next time go back in there during business hours and talk to him. friendly convo and you remember me, I am researching certifications and which one would you recommend i get? then go to another gym in town and do the same thing and see which one they like the most

Go for it if you're really passionate about it. Just know its not something you'll make much of anything doing

First of all you have to find out the specific certification that the company (Golds, Planet fitness, 24-hour fitness, etc.) requires their PT's to have. I've seen guys be turned down positions because they paid 300+ dollars completing an extensive certification that wasn't required for Golds gym at the time. There are like 3 types of certs and you may have to complete more than one to be eligible.

Also side note if your good enough and cute enough (No homo) you might just want to get certified and freelance train on your own because the big gym business will take 50 percent of your cut anyways. The problem is finding a gym that will allow you to freelance personal train in there gym.

There are tons of certifications you can get so just choose one. The key is for you to look the part and produce some good results out of your clients. Word of mouth will be a huge thing for your continued success.