Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

no clue how you guys eat so much protein

konofuse

my plan lately has been 350g of protein per day. i keep coming up short. I am eating like over 2 pounds of chicken and the rest from other meats and shakes. the thing is i know you all get even more protein than that but stay lean, so why am i getting fatter and fatter? thought protein caused weight loss

every 4 oz. of chicken has 26 grams of protein... so 1 lb of chicken alone has 104 grams of protein... you said you eat 2 lbs of chicken so thats 208 grams of protein right there man... I think you are over exaggerating or don't understand macros etc...

the more food you throw at your body the less your body will absorb. that is a fact that is why you see skinny vegans who eat very little have zero nutrition issues but a huge bodybuilding eating tons of food 10X a day has deficiencies across the board

now i'm not saying you should do one or the other but you should have a happy median in between of eating good quality organic whole food single ingredient nutrition. there is no reason why you need to count macros and try and get 350g of protein a day. no human being needs that. i've interviewed the best bodybuilders of all time on my podcast. I asked frank zane how much protein he used to get per day and he never even ate more than 200g in a single day. so stop this nonsense that we need tons of protein to build a nice body because it isn't true. if that was true we would have gone extinct millions of years ago

the truth is if you eat that much food and follow the rich piana strategy of 10 meals a day you will not only gain tons of fat, but you will also greatly decrease your life expectancy and have major organ issues and inflammation in the body. plus you won't be able to absorb shit. that is why so many huge bodybuilders have gut problems and when you have gut problems you are fucked

the more food you throw at your body the less your body will absorb. that is a fact that is why you see skinny vegans who eat very little have zero nutrition issues but a huge bodybuilding eating tons of food 10X a day has deficiencies across the board

now i'm not saying you should do one or the other but you should have a happy median in between of eating good quality organic whole food single ingredient nutrition. there is no reason why you need to count macros and try and get 350g of protein a day. no human being needs that. i've interviewed the best bodybuilders of all time on my podcast. I asked frank zane how much protein he used to get per day and he never even ate more than 200g in a single day. so stop this nonsense that we need tons of protein to build a nice body because it isn't true. if that was true we would have gone extinct millions of years ago

Steve what do you think about intermittent fasting for both bulking and cutting?

Steve what do you think about intermittent fasting for both bulking and cutting?
intermittent fasting is one of the best lifestyles you can follow. it is something i am on board with since it is natural eating. i'm all about eating as natural as possible in a fucked up society and modern lifestyle. i try and grow as much food as i can myself.

guys are under the false impression that intermittent fasting is only for cutting. that is bro science. the reason you don't lose muscle intermittent fasting is simple. once you hit 10 hours of fasting your growth hormone in your body starts rising and it will continue to rise for 4 days up before peaking and then coming back down. so if you fast 3-5 days your growth hormone spikes to crazy levels, that will preserve muscle. people need not worry about losing muscle while fasting for that reason and you surely will not lose muscle intermittent fasting. and here is the kicker, any muscle you do lose will be replaced by newer muscle cells/fibers.

and here is why IF is great for losing fat. when you fast your metabolism WILL NOT DROP. in fact some of the more modern studies have shown your metabolism actually goes up slightly. this is thanks to adrenaline and an increase in insulin sensitivity. when you eat 4-5 meals a day spread out in a deficit your metabolism WILL DROP and if you spread your meals out your insulin sensitivty WILL DROP too. also the skin cells will refresh and tighten up. so any loose hanging skin will be solved.

not to mention the benefits to stem cells, autophagy, anti inflammation etc. so the benefits of eating in a 2-4 hour window everyday vs. spreading out your meals like most people do from 7am to 10pm is incredible. and throw in a 24-36 hour fast once a week on top of that and a longer fast once a month and you will be a machine

That is a ton of protein man. I dont think anyone needs that much. You can easily make gains by only eating 1g per lb body weight. Better for your gut health too.

intermittent fasting is one of the best lifestyles you can follow. it is something i am on board with since it is natural eating. i'm all about eating as natural as possible in a fucked up society and modern lifestyle. i try and grow as much food as i can myself.

guys are under the false impression that intermittent fasting is only for cutting. that is bro science. the reason you don't lose muscle intermittent fasting is simple. once you hit 10 hours of fasting your growth hormone in your body starts rising and it will continue to rise for 4 days up before peaking and then coming back down. so if you fast 3-5 days your growth hormone spikes to crazy levels, that will preserve muscle. people need not worry about losing muscle while fasting for that reason and you surely will not lose muscle intermittent fasting. and here is the kicker, any muscle you do lose will be replaced by newer muscle cells/fibers.

and here is why IF is great for losing fat. when you fast your metabolism WILL NOT DROP. in fact some of the more modern studies have shown your metabolism actually goes up slightly. this is thanks to adrenaline and an increase in insulin sensitivity. when you eat 4-5 meals a day spread out in a deficit your metabolism WILL DROP and if you spread your meals out your insulin sensitivty WILL DROP too. also the skin cells will refresh and tighten up. so any loose hanging skin will be solved.

not to mention the benefits to stem cells, autophagy, anti inflammation etc. so the benefits of eating in a 2-4 hour window everyday vs. spreading out your meals like most people do from 7am to 10pm is incredible. and throw in a 24-36 hour fast once a week on top of that and a longer fast once a month and you will be a machine

But if I fast I will lose muscle right? or something like that?