Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Potatoes good or bad?

befanro

I am confused when it comes to potatoes
some people say that potatoes are bad because they are a starch and they have too much sugar in them and carbohydrates
other say that potatoes are good for you cuz they have a lot of vitamins and minerals
what is your position?

Potatoes are great IMO. But to put a better perspective on what you said. It's like this, the starch and sugar in potatoes are only harmful if you are a "couch potato" and you stuff yourself full of potatoes, esepically in processed form (e.g. Pringles). Otherwise, if you workout, then the sugar and starch serve as a great source of energy. So it's all about what you do when you consume potatoes rather than the potatoes being good or bad in itself.

Potato’s are good for you as long as you are not slathering butter and such on them, frying them and the like. Potatoes are a good way to get in your calories, without fat or cholesterol — 100 gms of potatoes will give you 58 calories, with only 0.10 grams of fat and 0 grams of cholesterol.
It’s mostly dependent on how you prepare them.

Okinawa is one of the blue zones in the world and almost half their diet is sweet potatoes.

blue zones being places where people live 100 years + and have very little illness.

I am confused when it comes to potatoes
some people say that potatoes are bad because they are a starch and they have too much sugar in them and carbohydrates
other say that potatoes are good for you cuz they have a lot of vitamins and minerals
what is your position?
Sweet potatoes are good but regular ones no go

i dont eat potatoes