Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Proper bench technique

iincoln

I know that in competitions you have to do certain things like pause the bar and you can't lift Your Butt Off the Bench and things like that.
But in terms of straight weight training for muscles or regular strength training What is the proper way to bench press and rules?

you should have control.. keep ass, head, feet planted

don't bounce the bar like i see some idiots do. control it on way down and up. don't be doing 1-2 rep maxes either. progress from a lower weight for reps and work your way up that way

I know that in competitions you have to do certain things like pause the bar and you can't lift Your Butt Off the Bench and things like that.
But in terms of straight weight training for muscles or regular strength training What is the proper way to bench press and rules?
if you want to bench press correctly go slow no bouncing and squeeze the muscles

close grip and tight go slow and train hard

I have never been a strength training guy so no clue on the rules in competitions. I always suggest going up in weight slower than you think so you can ensure your form stays proper.