Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Switching from a bodybuilder to powerlifter

KAden

Someone at the gym told me if you want to switch from being a bodybuilder and have a small physique to a larger one and be a powerlifter who is strong you have to change the way you train
this obviously makes a lot of sense to me. But I was wondering if you thought that it boiled down to how many reps you did. For example a bodybuilder would do 10 or 12 reps and a powerlifter would do 3 to 4 reps. Is this about right

to get stronger you need to push yourself at higher weights to train your body

but you don't go in there with 1 or 2 rep maxes. you need to build consistency at a lower weight and then gradually increase things. of course steroids help :)

to go into powerlifting you need to do a lot of max training like 1-3 rep max

you also need to lower volume and increase weight

why? thats real
if you make the switch expect a lot of injuries from heavy lifting

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

Someone at the gym told me if you want to switch from being a bodybuilder and have a small physique to a larger one and be a powerlifter who is strong you have to change the way you train
this obviously makes a lot of sense to me. But I was wondering if you thought that it boiled down to how many reps you did. For example a bodybuilder would do 10 or 12 reps and a powerlifter would do 3 to 4 reps. Is this about right
Over simplified but yes