Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out with people

babason31

Is a motivational buddy a good idea or will it hamper me? I am an up and coming female athlete and i have a lot of people that like working out in my inner circle who are always asking me to go do this or that. is this advantageous or am i wasting my time and should i just train solo?

with weight training working out alone is going to be most optimal
with endurance running working out in a group and pacing with people is optimal

JMHO

everyone is different... some people find they work out in a group fitness setting much better and some people work out alone... everyone is different and you just have to do what helps you the most...

It really depends on the type of training in my opinion. If you are doing heavy compound lifts and pushing yourself, it doesn't hurt to have a reliable spotter. I prefer to workout alone so I can have headphones on, hoodie up, and no distractions but everyone is different.

that's up to you but i prefer to workout alone. don't want to be waiting around for anyone.

I've done both, but have mostly worked out alone. I definitely agree with seeking out mentors though. BPak has been the one I have been following on youtube for the past couple years and it has made a big difference in my physique.

Staying active on the boards, especially connecting the the Bros I see on this thread, is a real motivator as well...