Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

artificial sweeteners and stevia breaks a fast?

do things like aspartame, sugar alcohols, xylitol, and other things like that break a fast where i cannot add them to my water or tea? how about stevia? would my insulin levels get screwed up or will i be okay since they are 0 calories? I ask cause i had some artificial sweeteners and they completely threw me off my fast, my ketones went from over 35 to 0.

Aspartame throws you into a mess, your body doesn't recognize it well. Xylitol and others like stevia much better.

like i have written already, there are variations of fasting that exist. however using artificial sweeteners is going to screw up your fast bigtime.

if there are 100 benefits of fasting using aspartame will knock out 95 of them. it is that bad for you. natural stevia will knock out maybe 20-30 of them i would estimate. if you stick with spring water on a fast that is the cleanest water fast you could do.

don't let anyone tell you fasting is all about getting no calories. that is wrong. diet soda has 0 calories and it will ruin a fast 100/100.

Stevia or Monk Fruit are going to be your best options but to really get the most out of fasting, just stick to water and the occasional pinch of salt.

Artificial sweeteners will not ruin a fast. Its about calories. Remember that. If you want to follow the zealot mentality then stick to water. But its completely unnecessary. I followed some of the leading experts in intermittent fasting and followed their recommendation with great success when I did it which included using artificial sweeteners as a fasting tool among other things like bcaas for protein synthesis. I have since moved on from fasting, because its just not ideal for bodybuilding. For getting lean sure it has its place. Just don't get caught in the trap of overthinking the fuck out of everything and just enjoy doing whatever you decide. I couodnt imagine living like some of these people and overobsessing and stressing about every fucking thing that literally doesn't fucking matter

Artificial sweeteners will not ruin a fast. Its about calories. Remember that. If you want to follow the zealot mentality then stick to water. But its completely unnecessary. I followed some of the leading experts in intermittent fasting and followed their recommendation with great success when I did it which included using artificial sweeteners as a fasting tool among other things like bcaas for protein synthesis. I have since moved on from fasting, because its just not ideal for bodybuilding. For getting lean sure it has its place. Just don't get caught in the trap of overthinking the fuck out of everything and just enjoy doing whatever you decide. I couodnt imagine living like some of these people and overobsessing and stressing about every fucking thing that literally doesn't fucking matter
I'm calling BULLSHIT on your post man. who are these leading experts? name names or STFU> you are wrong. you are just listening to grifters online trying to sell supplements. I have the data and science. you are just pulling shit out of your ass with zero evidence. show me a single legit study that proves any of your points. you can't! just making shit up to troll and push your ridiculous opinions. horrible advice that will destroy peoples goals. and you never fasted more than a day so wtf do you even know ?

also I would appreciate you stopped attacking people on here calling them zealots. this is a FITNESS FORUM. if you are incapable of understanding that then GTFO

I'm calling out bullshit going forward and not going to sit back and let people lie and make shit up on science and evidence.

included using artificial sweeteners as a fasting tool among other things like bcaas for protein synthesis.
BCAAs are the only amino acids not degraded in the liver. All other amino acids are regulated by the gut and the liver before being circulated elsewhere in the body. This means that dietary intake of BCAAs directly influences plasma levels and concentrations in muscle tissue (Layman DK 2003). Interestingly, BCAAs are burned for energy (oxidized) during exercise, so they’re also an important exercise fuel. So this poses the question…. If it can be used as fuel, can it break a fast? BCAAs, however, head directly into the bloodstream. This means that dietary intake of BCAAs directly influences plasma levels and concentrations in muscle tissue There are three BCAAs: leucine, isoleucine, and valine BCAA supplementation may reduce muscle soreness, accelerate recovery, promotes muscle protein synthesis and supports fat loss (1,2) Ketosis and Insulin Insulin’s primary purpose is to regulate the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. The digestive system breaks down carbohydrates, such as sugars and starches, into a molecule called glucose. Insulin allows cells in the body absorb glucose so your body can use it for fuel, ultimately lowering levels of glucose in the blood stream Ketosis and Insulin Ketosis will take place when the body needs energy and there is not sufficient glucose available for the body. This happens when the body is lacking insulin and blood glucose levels become high. BCAAs can Spike Insulin Studies have shown that branched-chain amino acid supplementation increases insulin levels and concentrations of FFAs Leucine, specifically, stimulates glucose uptake for up to 45 minutes (3,4) Insulin and Ketosis Study Despite there being some benefits to supplementing BCAAs, it may not be wise to do so while in a ketogenic state In one study, a man voluntarily fasted for 50 days. His ketones were high (14 mmol/l) and he was injected with insulin (around 0.1 IU/kg, so around 7-8 IU). For 30 min, his ketones and blood sugar dropped and there was a massive uptake of ketones by the brain and ketone production was halted. However, within 30 min his ketones started shooting back up In short, an insulin spike can kick you out of ketosis, albeit temporarily, as insulin clearance is seemingly fast (5) BCAAs While in Ketosis (Increase in circulating BCAAs) In one study dietary replacement of carbohydrate by fats were studied in six healthy subjects, which was preceded and followed by a 3-day period of balanced diet. During the ketogenic diet, levels of free fatty acids, glycerol and 3-hydroxybutyrate rose significantly and glucose levels decreased by 16.5 +/- 3.2% The hormonal pattern switched towards a catabolic mode with a fall in insulin levels (-44.0 +/- 6.3%) and a rise in glucagon concentration (+39.0 +/- 10.4%). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6... The average levels of gluconeogenic amino acids (alanine, glutamine, glycine, serine and threonine) were reduced by 8-34% while those of the branched chain amino acids increased by more than 50%. Concluded that a ketogenic diet may result in an increase of circulating BCAAs within the body - so supplementing with BCAAs may be even less necessary while in ketosis (6)

using BCAA"s will kick you out of ketosis every fucking time. you can simply buy ketone strips from the pharmacy and test it on yourself. the evidence is right there in black and fucking white!