Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Seafood choices

westpart

I am noticing a trend in the supermarket of selling only farmed raised seafood, they now have farm raised fish obviously, but now they have farm raised shrimp, crawfish, and even oysters. what is the difference between wild and farm raised and why is farm raised so much cheaper? Looking for the smartest choice.

I am noticing a trend in the supermarket of selling only farmed raised seafood, they now have farm raised fish obviously, but now they have farm raised shrimp, crawfish, and even oysters. what is the difference between wild and farm raised and why is farm raised so much cheaper? Looking for the smartest choice.

I would not eat farm raised seafood. I don't like fish anyhow.

it is far more profitable to sell farm raised seafood. it simply means they are raised in captivity and fed what THEY want to feed them, not what they are supposed to eat in nature. it would be like going to the petstore and buying a fish and putting it in a tank and feeding it those flake fish foods and then eating it. as silly as that sounds that is what farm raised fish is.

sadly they can legally list the seafood as wild when it was still farm raised. not like that shit is ever checked. at restaurants 60% of fish sold are not what you ordered.

regardless farm raised seafood is awful for your health and awful for the environment as those chemicals find its way into the ocean and rivers

I don't even eat fish or other seafood anymore because it is mostly garbage. Farm raised is not going to be near as beneficial nutrient wise as wild fish. Honestly, if you can't catch your own where you live then I am not sure it is worth eating anymore.