Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calling all 40yo+ meatheads

Simon

V.I.P.
Logger
This is for you guys and gals over 40 with powerlifting backgrounds chasing 5 more pounds on the big 3. I am 44, 230 pounds and have run 5/3/1 for years with great success. I'm getting sore, new ailments in knees and lower back and such. I have suffered SI joint injury and had 4 bulged discs long ago but neither of these seem to be a problem anymore. I took some considerable time off and rehabbed but have come back and am stronger than I have ever been, while being older.

My question is, do you still powerlift and train the big 3 or have you adjusted your training to be more bodybuilding routine? I love my barbells and I love chasing PRs, even rep PRs but I do not want to succumb to the "age" stigma or that my body can't take it anymore.

I'd like to hear from you that have experienced what I'm talking about and how you train with or through that. Thanks

after i tore my shoulder my PT told me i would never lift heavy again. that and my herniated discs sucked the life out of my heavy powerlifting career. but I accepeted it and moved on.

one thing that has worked wonders on me since has been hot yoga. nothing is better at lubing up the joints, boosting flexibility and improving mobility. its a shame dumb meatheads our age are too stubborn and ignorant to give it a shot though. it has literally saved my life

This is for you guys and gals over 40 with powerlifting backgrounds chasing 5 more pounds on the big 3. I am 44, 230 pounds and have run 5/3/1 for years with great success. I'm getting sore, new ailments in knees and lower back and such. I have suffered SI joint injury and had 4 bulged discs long ago but neither of these seem to be a problem anymore. I took some considerable time off and rehabbed but have come back and am stronger than I have ever been, while being older.

My question is, do you still powerlift and train the big 3 or have you adjusted your training to be more bodybuilding routine? I love my barbells and I love chasing PRs, even rep PRs but I do not want to succumb to the "age" stigma or that my body can't take it anymore.

I'd like to hear from you that have experienced what I'm talking about and how you train with or through that. Thanks
@Simon I don't powerlift at all. I'm careful with my training and how I hit it.

I'm generally doing more slow and controlled movements with higher reps and lower weight. My abs in the pic there. I try to take it easy and slowly grow back into it while staying lean.

I still lift heavy but I'm careful with the movements for sure

on my 1000mgs trenbolone cycles I've benched over 500lbs and I'm still doing powerlifting on and off, key is a LONG warm up.

Been there, done that, came back and kicked ass. See my log on Evo

I am over 40 but dont powerlift.....I dont use strait bars anymore either...

Top Bottom