Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calling all 40yo+ meatheads

I lifted very heavy for most of my life. Hit my fifties and developed a bulging L4/L5 disc from deadlifting, eventually requiring a micro-discectomy. A few years later I developed a rotator cuff tear from bench press heavy single attempts. That required surgery as well and put me out of the gym for a couple of years. I'm now on Test Cyp 200mg per week and have completely switched to HIT bodybuilding style lifting following a Dorian Yates blueprint. It's actually more difficult due to the intensity required but I believe the likelihood of injury is much less than powerlifting training. I won't go back. I don't even do barbell squats anymore, just hack squats. That's all Dorian Yates ever did and he had enormous legs. BTW, I'm 59 years old.

I lifted very heavy for most of my life. Hit my fifties and developed a bulging L4/L5 disc from deadlifting, eventually requiring a micro-discectomy. A few years later I developed a rotator cuff tear from bench press heavy single attempts. That required surgery as well and put me out of the gym for a couple of years. I'm now on Test Cyp 200mg per week and have completely switched to HIT bodybuilding style lifting following a Dorian Yates blueprint. It's actually more difficult due to the intensity required but I believe the likelihood of injury is much less than powerlifting training. I won't go back. I don't even do barbell squats anymore, just hack squats. That's all Dorian Yates ever did and he had enormous legs. BTW, I'm 59 years old.
@BerndV I think that may be where im headed with my training. How many days a week do you lift? Can you send me a link to the training program you're referring to?

Top Bottom