Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to do drop sets?

Chettar

I was wondering how many of you do drop set style workouts and what exactly they are. does it simply mean I am doing less sets and more reps or does it mean something else entirely? my trainer at the 50 minute mark told me to go home and research them and that he wanted to add them to my workouts, just wondering what he means. I tried to go up and down in weight but not clear lol

Drop sets are basically you do a high weight for like 6 reps 70% max and go to 30 reps with 30% max. and keep going

I was wondering how many of you do drop set style workouts and what exactly they are. does it simply mean I am doing less sets and more reps or does it mean something else entirely? my trainer at the 50 minute mark told me to go home and research them and that he wanted to add them to my workouts, just wondering what he means. I tried to go up and down in weight but not clear lol
Apart from asking what other research have you done? Starboy is roughly correct.

it means the last couple sets he is going to have you do less weight/more reps just to get a nice pump and burn. then cut you loose.

i use them all the time.

I have done drop sets in the past and enjoyed them. They are best if you have a partner you train with who can help make the weight changes quickly. I like to vary my routine every 6 weeks or so to keep things interesting.