Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mercury in tuna dangers?

duarhom

how much tuna is too much tuna? I'm worried about getting too many heavy metals in my foods, also what are the other risk of eating fish overall. one article says fish is the healthiest thing, the next says to avoid fish due to mercury, i'm hoping you guys can shed some more light on this subject

how much tuna is too much tuna? I'm worried about getting too many heavy metals in my foods, also what are the other risk of eating fish overall. one article says fish is the healthiest thing, the next says to avoid fish due to mercury, i'm hoping you guys can shed some more light on this subject

Unless you have been tested or are showing symptoms why are you worried?

there are heavy metals in seafood, but also plastics are a real problem. you also have to factor in problems with fish inshore and in freshwater thanks to factory farming. it isn't just seafood it is the water we drink, other foods. these things may not kill you but they will increase your chances of diseases like cancer and shorten your lifespan. that is why in certain polluted coal towns people live 15 years less.

this is why it is important to know where your food is from, always pick organic. i would limit seafood to once a week, i only eat fish during mackerel season

Tuna in water is a good protein source but in those days you dont see athletes using it on diet and i ask you why ? is the mercury? or not easy digestion? I like tuna but i dont digest well

Nut anyone can tell me why almost all athletes dont use it? im curious. they use mostly tilapia , chicken breast, salmon , red meat, eggs and egg withes

tilapia is farm raised from China. they eat it cause it is ChEAP. if you knew how those fish were raised you wouldn't eat it. they are put in tanks indoors and fed hormones to make them grow fast and get fat. they never clean those tanks, they essentially are raised in sewage water

Tuna in water is a good protein source but in those days you dont see athletes using it on diet and i ask you why ? is the mercury? or not easy digestion? I like tuna but i dont digest well
you don't digest tuna well because it is chalk full of food borne illness. canned fish is not processed so the bacteria will fester and grow. fish should always be caught, cleaned AND iced the same day. and should be eaten within 1-2 weeks max after being vacuum sealed in the freezer. I am a fisherman so i know exactly the tricks with fish. tuna out of a can has been dead for weeks or months or years even. no wonder you get sick from it! there is a reason for the term 'fresh fish'. the top notch super markets will donate or throw away fish not sold that day for a reason.

you live in portugal, i fish with a lot of portugese people who are great fisherman. my advice is either learn how to fish yourself or make a friend who fishes who can get you fresh fish. that is the only way to do it !

Top Bottom