Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

powerlifting tips and secrets

Budo29

I’ve been in the gym for the past couple years and I’ve been doing basic training
started out with full body exercises then switched to more split Based training
now I would like to switch to power training and powerlifting
can you give me any tips and tricks and maybe some secrets for someone who’s new to it to get the most out of my workouts?

We use to do for MMA/BJJ but strongman guys do similar.

"Circuit 75". 7 stations @5 sets per station @ 10-15 reps. (Go through each station and start back at beginning 5 times) Can add weight your 3rd,4th,or 5th time around as you get warm

Only 10 sec breaks between each station and you get your cardio also.

Use a board and write down your your 7 stations makes it less boring than your regular chest or squat day (especially w my add) lol

Do a couple big stations like deadlifts and bench but mix in some easier ones like kettle swings, overhead presses, or forearm curls etc..

End each set with your weak link. Mine is knees so I do lean backs or quad bands.

I’ve been in the gym for the past couple years and I’ve been doing basic training
can you give me any tips and tricks and maybe some secrets for someone who’s new to it to get the most out of my workouts?
i would do more big lifts and less weight
big lifts are key to PL

We use to do for MMA/BJJ but strongman guys do similar.

"Circuit 75". 7 stations @5 sets per station @ 10-15 reps. (Go through each station and start back at beginning 5 times) Can add weight your 3rd,4th,or 5th time around as you get warm

Only 10 sec breaks between each station and you get your cardio also.

Use a board and write down your your 7 stations makes it less boring than your regular chest or squat day (especially w my add) lol

Do a couple big stations like deadlifts and bench but mix in some easier ones like kettle swings, overhead presses, or forearm curls etc..

End each set with your weak link. Mine is knees so I do lean backs or quad bands.
@echocharles you powerlift? tell us more about your cycle bro
just saw you so welcome :)

find a good gym is my advice

put together a good split routine and aim for 20 sets

Get a spotter. Lol.
I don't do max weight but go to failure on about 80% of my max weight so I'm not well versed on going big but.....probably universal to lock out on your reps to get that stretch and get a warm up.
Everyone is different so try different stuff and see what works for you. Get lots protein and aminos.