steroids leading to drug addiction?

farensKJS

I had a question about an article I saw that showed that teenagers who used steroids were more likely to get addicted to hard drugs like heroine or crack cocaine. Does that mean as adults if we use steroids we are headed down the path to use coke too or is that just a coincidence? What have been your experiences

going2cycle

V.I.P.
Steroids arent mind altering, they just give you muscles. There is no link between steroid use and any other drugs. In FACT, bodybuilders usually live very clean lifestyles because we have to stick to diets, we dont drink, dont smoke and for sure dont do drugs.

SteveSmi

V.I.P.
teenagers who were foolish enough to use steroids are irresponsible outright, so of course they are also going to use rec drugs, have promiscous sexual encounters, and alcohol all around. it bears from low self esteem and not loving one self that you would trash your body. a lot of it could be from childhood problems like parents divorcing or abuse etc.

so i completely agree with that article, makes perfect sense. many parents want to live in a fantasy world and call that 'experimenting'. hey whatever makes you feel better i guess.

dylangemelli

V.I.P.
lmfao.. i have concerns on anyone that believes anything the media writes anymore... its proven to everyone with a fraction of a brain you cant trust one thing you read from them

BodyMonster34

V.I.P.
Red
bro all my friends from high school who juiced also messed with hard drugs. this article is true. most of them now in jail or dead.

Mobster

V.I.P.
bro all my friends from high school who juiced also messed with hard drugs. this article is true. most of them now in jail or dead.
Arguably the opposite can be true - all your friends who messed with hard drugs also messed with PEDs.

In fact that's what studies suggest. If you've some sort of addictive personality all drugs are on the table - age isn't a factor.

If you're not then do roids lead to hard drugs. The answer is no. It's never been proven