Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chocolate milk bodybuilder post workout

Visag43

I was reading some things about body builders In the 80s in Southern California who would take chocolate milk post workout and it was supposed to help grow muscle and also feed the body very well.
any idea if this is still something I should try or would it be stupid

i've heard of this before. its pretty dumb

the body doesn't want sugar post workout, it wants to recover from the stress you just put it through. by drinking this you are only stressing it out more. best thing to drink post workout? sip some water if you must. i wouldn't even eat anything until your HR drops back down.

i was once told by a dumb meathead that you must drink a protein shake post workout 'right away'. dumb comments like that are by people who simply do not understand how the body works. your body needs REST post workout, not more stress

I was reading some things about body builders In the 80s in Southern California who would take chocolate milk post workout and it was supposed to help grow muscle and also feed the body very well.
any idea if this is still something I should try or would it be stupid
dont drink chocolate milk you not a baby
drink a protein shake

you can buy chocolate milk protein if you like the taste that much

Even just the Dairy alone is not a good thing to have post workout. Milk is packed with natural sugars, proteins and fats. Although the sugar source in milk is Lactose and it doesn't spike blood sugar levels as much as refined sugars. Once you add the chocolate, you add the refined sugars as well. Dairy is an insulin secretagogue, therefor it prompts the pancreas to secrete insulin. A study of type 2 diabetics found that after consuming milk, their insulin response was 5 times greater than expected based on milks carb content. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00873217
The spike in insulin may decrease the rise in glucose but it can leave you more insulin resistant the following day.
So!
No, Chocolate milk post workout is not acceptable.