Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

collapsing under the bar during squats

Took some time off due to pandemic and now am back lifting heavy again. i was on my 5th set and last rep and on the way down i could not get the bar back up and was stuck there. there was one other person in the area but they didn't see me struggling or didn't care, i ended up just letting it go and it slammed the ground and the gym manager came running over screaming at me. have you had something like that happen?

yes, they don't want you slamming the weights for 2 reasons

1. you can damage the weights/bar
2. you can damage the floor which is VERY expensive to repair

some idiot dropped a weight at my gym and that area was closed off for 2 weeks until they fixed it.

you should get a spotter next time, you can also damage yourself

yes, they don't want you slamming the weights for 2 reasons

1. you can damage the weights/bar
2. you can damage the floor which is VERY expensive to repair

some idiot dropped a weight at my gym and that area was closed off for 2 weeks until they fixed it.

you should get a spotter next time, you can also damage yourself
great post brother!

Never had that happen but only gym I have by me is planet fitness, boy let me tell you I've seen some funny shit lol, one guy always comes to mind, he is rodied out his mind, I swear he has a small man complex and is very insecure, he always walks past the row of 6foot mirror's and stares at himself the entire time, or he will make his way past every dude in the gym and just stare them down while contracting his lats and sticking his arms out to the side like he is tuff or something, its funny to watch.

Top Bottom