Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

going more heavy overnight?

Hjaoswi

I’ve been currently doing a moderate amount of weight training probably between 40 to 60% of my Max and I’m sticking to the 8 to 10 rep range.
I’m looking to start increasing the weight and going heavier and doing less repetitions maybe down to 4 or 5 reps. I’m looking to push maybe 75 to 80% of my Max or even higher.
Has anyone tried this type of change overnight or is it something I have to gradually move to

the body is capable of a lot it's just a matter of are you overtraining if you were to do something like that
overtraining is not necessary and counterproductive because you'll just end up injured

I’ve been currently doing a moderate amount of weight training probably between 40 to 60% of my Max and I’m sticking to the 8 to 10 rep range.
I’m looking to start increasing the weight and going heavier and doing less repetitions maybe down to 4 or 5 reps. I’m looking to push maybe 75 to 80% of my Max or even higher.
Has anyone tried this type of change overnight or is it something I have to gradually move to
you can overtrain easy
i would try slowly to get weight up

Increases like that are good in moderation. Maybe for your last set or two of an exercise but I wouldn't do it all the time. It's will put you out of the hypertrophy range and instead of 8 to 10 reps you might be at 4 to 6. So only do those at the end of a an exercise in my opinion

it depends on your prior conditioning and muscle memory

if you're an older person I would slowly ease into it

you'll probably be able to get away with it it sounds like you have a lot of experience

I've done some heavy changes overnight myself and it's worked out fine

you can always try it and if things don't go your way you can change course

I definitely like the question there's a lot of potential in rapidly changing your program

worst case you end up injured but best case your body adjusts quickly