Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is fruit good for you?

socketteb

so i had this debate the other day with a buddy of mine while we were shooting pool and he was saying that fruit is bad for you because it has sugar. but i was saying how can it be bad for you since it has lots of vitamins and minerals? he says fruit is bad but he eats cake and ice cream. so who is right between us?

this is a topic i try my best to educate otherwise intelligent people on with facts.

1. we EVOLVED eating primarily fruit, in fact the reason you can see colors is so humans could tell the difference between fruit being ripe or not
2. fruit has been consumed by humans since we existed and it is found in every religious book dating back thousands of years
3. when you eat something it has to be processed by the body which uses up energy. fruit uses up the LEAST amount of energy since it is so easy to process and digest
4. taking a look at every blue zone in the world they consume lots of plants including tons of fruit and they are the healthiest people on the planet. specifically they consume the berry family which is a huge part of their diet. those that consume the least are the worst health.
5. fruit contains almost all water and fiber. very little sugar
6. fruit has a very low gylcemic load
7. fruit spikes insulin levels very little compared to every other food except pure natural fat.

so my point is don't let anyone scare you into not consuming fruit, in fact fruit is the one thing you can literally survive on forever. it is a shame in the bodybuilding world people have been tricked into staying away from fruit

this is a topic i try my best to educate otherwise intelligent people on with facts.

1. we EVOLVED eating primarily fruit, in fact the reason you can see colors is so humans could tell the difference between fruit being ripe or not
2. fruit has been consumed by humans since we existed and it is found in every religious book dating back thousands of years
3. when you eat something it has to be processed by the body which uses up energy. fruit uses up the LEAST amount of energy since it is so easy to process and digest
4. taking a look at every blue zone in the world they consume lots of plants including tons of fruit and they are the healthiest people on the planet. those that consume the least are the worst health
5. fruit contains almost all water and fiber. very little sugar
6. fruit has a very low gylcemic load
7. fruit spikes insulin levels very little compared to every other food except pure natural fat.

so my point is don't let anyone scare you into not consuming fruit, in fact fruit is the one thing you can literally survive on forever. it is a shame in the bodybuilding world people have been tricked into staying away from fruit
well said an i agree... you just dont over eat it it... thats the problem people have... shit, i eat strawberries everyday in my yogurt.. strawberries are EXCELLENT for burning fat... grapefruit lowers insulin which helps burn fat... i can go on and on...

so i had this debate the other day with a buddy of mine while we were shooting pool and he was saying that fruit is bad for you because it has sugar. but i was saying how can it be bad for you since it has lots of vitamins and minerals? he says fruit is bad but he eats cake and ice cream. so who is right between us?

Both. Next

You know it';s about a LITTLE fruit being ok vs a shit load being bad.

Raw fruit is great in your diet. Where guys get into trouble is dried fruit. It is easy to snack on handfuls of it when it has been loaded with additional sugar and deprived of the water content. If you are eating a couple servings of fruit per day you will get some great vitamins and minerals. I really like tropical fruits.

Moderation is the key. If you're dieting for a contest you may want to avoid it but any other time there's no reason to avoid it.

don’t eat a lot, too much broccoli is bad and will kill you, and so will water. moderation.