Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NEIL CURREY DEAD AT 34

DjuriEggink

VIP Logger
Logger
Hi brothers

Just stumbled on this unfortunate news and thought I should share. It's sad that we are losing so many top bodybuilders at so young an age.

Neil Currey was born and raised in the UK and began competing back in 2017. By 2019, he made his IFBB debut in the Classic Physique competition where he finished in 7th place.

49c64e03dfff42f4bd2a85455f491778_md.jpg

In 2022, he competed and finished in first place at the New York Pro which then propelled him to qualify for the 2022 Mr. Olympia competition where he finished in the 16th position.

It is worth noting that barely days before Neil Currey's death, the bodybuilding community also lost Lisa Lyon at the age of 70 years, a woman that pioneered pro women's bodybuilding.

- RIP Neil Currey
& Lisa Lyon (May 14, 1953 - September 8, 2023)
images (78).jpeg

They reported it was suicide guys want big show muscles and use gear at high levels but never stop and think about today or tomorrow or the depression and mental health battles that occur using peds. It is truly a sad story he felt it was his only option and he is one year younger than me to put it into perspective.

Apparently, Currey succumbed to suicide after battling anxiety and depression for a while. Sarcev wrote in his initial post: “Absolutely shocking, heartbreaking news – that my former athlete @neil_currey died today…taking his own life.”

They reported it was suicide guys want big show muscles and use gear at high levels but never stop and think about today or tomorrow or the depression and mental health battles that occur using peds. It is truly a sad story he felt it was his only option and he is one year younger than me to put it into perspective.

Apparently, Currey succumbed to suicide after battling anxiety and depression for a while. Sarcev wrote in his initial post: “Absolutely shocking, heartbreaking news – that my former athlete @neil_currey died today…taking his own life.”
Was it suicide? Wow, I'm hearing conflicting stories brother, but mental health is a genuine concern in the bodybuilding community

Was it suicide? Wow, I'm hearing conflicting stories brother, but mental health is a genuine concern in the bodybuilding community
Yeah I heard this news when it happened and all reports from people close with him are saying suicide and mental health battles, sad all the way around brother, no one outside of bodybuilding understands just how bad it is with depression and mental health within our world, people see the outside of you and think man I want to look like that or get to a point in my lifting like that what they don't know is what is happening or what it takes on the inside and how lonely it is.

Top Bottom