Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Typical Thursday Workout - Give it a Whirl

ckcrown84

Active Bro
image0 (1).jpeg

Goal: Grow that back bro
Phase: Hypertrophy
Work Range: 15 reps
Max sets: 3!
Execution: Clean but hostile, every rep should be cleanly executed with NO momentum, jerking, or body english.

Reps Explained: This section is KEY to how I program and design workouts. The GOAL is 15 reps, the weight should be sufficiently challenging that you get anywhere from 13-17 reps...being that you are on week 1, workout 1 of how I would program your ass best get 15-17 range lol. So a particular exercise movement may look like this:
Set 1: 17 reps
Set 2: 14 Reps
Set 3: 13 Reps
OR
Set 1: 15 reps
Set 2: Something at or less
Set 3: another drop off on reps (though you tried your HARDEST to complete them)
There is NO jerking, no body english, no funk in the ocean so you should NOT be able to continually get 15 reps. Sorry kids. If you can, your execution is wrong.
This is really key for this type of workout to be effective. You are staying in a RANGE based on what PHASE of training you are in. You execute reps within that range and then grow week to week (this can be be complicated but a typical prescription is +5lbs a week until you can no longer improve)

Todays Workout:

Cable Row Elbows In: 3 Sets - remember 15 rep rule
Cable Row Elbows Out: 3 Sets - remember 15 rep rule
Rear Delts: 3 Sets - remember 15 rep rule
Shoulder Press - remember 15 rep rule
Tricep AMRAP - 10 minutes, as many ROUNDS of 25 REPS as possible. I typically use bands for this. The goal is bloodflow!
ABS

Simple, short, effective.

Progression Model:
I would run the SAME method for 3-4 weeks. Once you can NO LONGER improve in increasing load within the rep range. I would drop the rep range and repeat the process. Watch:
Wave 1 (3-4 weeks) 15 rep range
Wave 2 (3-4 weeks) 10 rep range (thus using heavier loads!
Wave 3 (3-4 weeks) 6-8 rep range (strength block, but still able to grow muscle here)
Then rinse and repeat. Go back to wave 1 and alter workouts or joint angles, make changes based on what you liked and didnt and remember you need to be improving within these waves.

Photos coming tonight

You're looking great, very thick and ripped. Get more pics up. Btw, you train fairly moderate, not bad at all.

You're looking great, very thick and ripped. Get more pics up. Btw, you train fairly moderate, not bad at all.
Full disclosure, its an old pic. I haven't started my cut yet, but posting a little video link from tonight here in a sec.

Little clip from tonight, not a fan of the angle but did some quality work today easy and effective session. Next workout saturday.

Still can't bench so will likely just do quite a bit of a pec dec as the crew does their benching.

Very thick and you're looking real bulk. I like that. You'll look great when you cut down.

Starting the cut next week. Time to get busy.
The first 2-3 weeks suck but after that its easy pz... at least until i get down to 195ish, then it starts getting challenging