Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

21 year old TRT

so my doctor won’t prescribe me TRT, says my levels are normal. But I don’t feel good, I want to go on TRT badly. Called up an anti aging clinic about 2 hours away and talked to some chick on the phone who got my info and said they would call back. Some Dude with a New York accent calls me up and says to come on in and they would get me on TRT no problems. They charge $300 per month, thats like a car payment. You think its worth it to go on trt or no?
Please son..listen to the vets here. Your blood work proves you do not need TRT and if you go on TRT now, you will be short changing yourself for the next 20-30 years.

If you want to cycle testosterone, that is another matter, however you provide no history nor insights into your motivation therefore I cannot recommend that either.

My first cycle was around your age, but I was a collegiate completive athlete and my situation was unique. Despite it being unique where I could justify my PED usage, but that did not make it "right". It was a judgement call I made at the time and I did it under the care of a physician.

If you really want solid advice....hit the reset button and share a detailed post about your training and health history and your motivation for using PED's in the first place and the vets here will guide you.

Do you guys think that sometimes people do need it even if their doctors say they are in normal range? I’m in 30’s with a 430 on my results.

It depends on the individual symptoms and the person being honest about their lifestyle, training history, diet, etc.

Making a clinical decision on TRT with a test level of 430 in a vacuum is not smart.

In my experience, I used PED's when I was in my 20's and early 30's as an athlete, then I stopped for over 15 years and trained naturally. At 48, I was experiencing repeated bouts of tendonitis, I could not maintain muscle mass and strength no matter how hard I trained and regardless of my diet. My libido also deteriorated and I was tired all the time.

I had my test levels tested several times and a couple were around or over 400 and a few were at 300 and only one test was below. The AMA does not recommend TRT unless you drop below 300, I believe, but my doc told me that number is totally subjective and depends on the person, their health, diet, habits, and training history.

He prescribed the transdermal test gel, but I have kids and it was not an option for me because it could rub off on them when I hug them and while that may be a low risk, I was not willing to take that risk, so I went to an endocrinologist that explained my situation and in the end I chose to start TRT and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Bottom line, you need to share more information about you and your situation if you want advice because individual stations are all unique, especially if your levels are over 300. In my opinion

It depends on the individual symptoms and the person being honest about their lifestyle, training history, diet, etc.

Making a clinical decision on TRT with a test level of 430 in a vacuum is not smart.

In my experience, I used PED's when I was in my 20's and early 30's as an athlete, then I stopped for over 15 years and trained naturally. At 48, I was experiencing repeated bouts of tendonitis, I could not maintain muscle mass and strength no matter how hard I trained and regardless of my diet. My libido also deteriorated and I was tired all the time.

I had my test levels tested several times and a couple were around or over 400 and a few were at 300 and only one test was below. The AMA does not recommend TRT unless you drop below 300, I believe, but my doc told me that number is totally subjective and depends on the person, their health, diet, habits, and training history.

He prescribed the transdermal test gel, but I have kids and it was not an option for me because it could rub off on them when I hug them and while that may be a low risk, I was not willing to take that risk, so I went to an endocrinologist that explained my situation and in the end I chose to start TRT and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Bottom line, you need to share more information about you and your situation if you want advice because individual stations are all unique, especially if your levels are over 300. In my opinion
Honestly just wanted to try and see how I’d feel on lower doses and if it did improve anything. Still contemplating getting more tests done just to see what my other hormones are at and not just total t. Dr didn’t want to check other markers since my total t was within range. It would be nice to lower my immune system and thought this might be an ok avenue to do it while seeing if it has any other benefits too while doing it. Early 20’s got diagnosed with auto immune issues. Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Also started having thyroid issues and now take Levothyroxine. My doctor back then tried putting me on methotrexate to limit my immune response. Felt like I was legit dying on that. Haven’t really strength trained since then. I was doing well making linear gains. Then it leveled off. Finally the weight just kept lowering and I felt just beat up and recovering the whole time. Diet. When everything happened. It was pretty crap. I worked fast food and got it cheap. I moved out of my parents house and couldn’t really afford anything. Then health issues started. Tried different things. Thought I might have had gluten intolerance. Stopped eating that. Felt better ish. Kinda ended up figuring out all grains make me feel Bleh. I limit the intake but still don’t feel 100 ever. What you could count as exercise though is my job. I’m a valet so I just jog all day. Stop and start. I do about 8-12 miles in winter and 10-15 in summer.

Honestly just wanted to try and see how I’d feel on lower doses and if it did improve anything. Still contemplating getting more tests done just to see what my other hormones are at and not just total t. Dr didn’t want to check other markers since my total t was within range. It would be nice to lower my immune system and thought this might be an ok avenue to do it while seeing if it has any other benefits too while doing it. Early 20’s got diagnosed with auto immune issues. Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Also started having thyroid issues and now take Levothyroxine. My doctor back then tried putting me on methotrexate to limit my immune response. Felt like I was legit dying on that. Haven’t really strength trained since then. I was doing well making linear gains. Then it leveled off. Finally the weight just kept lowering and I felt just beat up and recovering the whole time. Diet. When everything happened. It was pretty crap. I worked fast food and got it cheap. I moved out of my parents house and couldn’t really afford anything. Then health issues started. Tried different things. Thought I might have had gluten intolerance. Stopped eating that. Felt better ish. Kinda ended up figuring out all grains make me feel Bleh. I limit the intake but still don’t feel 100 ever. What you could count as exercise though is my job. I’m a valet so I just jog all day. Stop and start. I do about 8-12 miles in winter and 10-15 in summer.

Thank you for sharing those honest details. A couple thoughts...

Given your hormone issues outside of testosterone, I would highly recommend you see a qualified endocrinologist. General practitioners (family docs) often have limited knowledge of complex hormone issues.

How much sleep do you get every night? Lack of sleep can have a major impact on your testosterone levels and hormone levels in general.
You cut out grains and it helped, but what does your diet look like? If you eat foods that are high in saturate dan trans fast, processed foods, and sugary foods those can crush your hormone health.

Lastly, I am glad you have an active job, but I do not consider that training. Training is deliberate and measured. If you have not been on a training program, I suggest you start one, eat clean and get a lot of sleep before you consider TRT or any kind of PED and get an endocrinologist for sure.

Good luck bro. Keep asking questions.

Thank you for sharing those honest details. A couple thoughts...

Given your hormone issues outside of testosterone, I would highly recommend you see a qualified endocrinologist. General practitioners (family docs) often have limited knowledge of complex hormone issues.

How much sleep do you get every night? Lack of sleep can have a major impact on your testosterone levels and hormone levels in general.
You cut out grains and it helped, but what does your diet look like? If you eat foods that are high in saturate dan trans fast, processed foods, and sugary foods those can crush your hormone health.

Lastly, I am glad you have an active job, but I do not consider that training. Training is deliberate and measured. If you have not been on a training program, I suggest you start one, eat clean and get a lot of sleep before you consider TRT or any kind of PED and get an endocrinologist for sure.

Good luck bro. Keep asking questions.
Thanks for looking out and caring! Yeah it’s all just a work in progress. I can sleep 8-10 hours but still feel tired and drained. Yeah I’m the process of learning to cook from whole ingredients not prepackaged garbage. Having the time with a toddler is brutal sometimes haha was thinking about starting some calisthenics again. When I was in hs did p90x (yeah yeah I know) then switched to stronglifts. I feel like the more body weight movements are just easier on joints and recovery for now. Do miss the ass I had from squats 3 times a week though. No homo. I don’t know it’s just I feel like doctors are better with acute crap and not just health life style of that makes sense. I’ve been bounced around and referred out for a few years until I kinda just gave up on them for a bit. I could get a lot of prescriptions but not answers. Looking into this whole gut micro biome thing too. Trying to incorporate more ferments things in diet. Failed miserably at the aip protocol. I think just small baby changes is the way to go. Again thanks for all your help and listening 🙏.

there are many reasons why you feel like shit and I can 99% guarantee you that going on trt isn't going to change any of that

if what you're saying is true and you're eating too much garbage then that could be the culprit
also be careful with fermented foods, it isn't a good idea for many people as they are high fodmap.

Do you guys think that sometimes people do need it even if their doctors say they are in normal range? I’m in 30’s with a 430 on my results.
Thanks for looking out and caring! Yeah it’s all just a work in progress. I can sleep 8-10 hours but still feel tired and drained. Yeah I’m the process of learning to cook from whole ingredients not prepackaged garbage. Having the time with a toddler is brutal sometimes haha was thinking about starting some calisthenics again. When I was in hs did p90x (yeah yeah I know) then switched to stronglifts. I feel like the more body weight movements are just easier on joints and recovery for now. Do miss the ass I had from squats 3 times a week though. No homo. I don’t know it’s just I feel like doctors are better with acute crap and not just health life style of that makes sense. I’ve been bounced around and referred out for a few years until I kinda just gave up on them for a bit. I could get a lot of prescriptions but not answers. Looking into this whole gut micro biome thing too. Trying to incorporate more ferments things in diet. Failed miserably at the aip protocol. I think just small baby changes is the way to go. Again thanks for all your help and listening 🙏.
@Funkyrdaughter listen this is a hard thing you want to do and you know what we are all guessing about you.
you're telling us a story but you didnt share your log why?

lets see you share with us in a NEW thread a LOG journal, so we can help you , add your diet training cardio and more we need to understand you more

To really guide you we need more info, we need you to share your diet, training, cardio, sleep, supplements etc log with us, full log journal so our guidance is based on facts you provide.

If you want us to really guide you, and we have 100s of years of experience between us, you need to post a LOG Journal with your stats (weight,height,age, years training, cycle history) diet, training, cardio, supplement, sleep details. If you don't log what you eat or train now, open NOTES on phone and start recording it there and paste here. Very easy.

Please post a Log Journal asap for us

Please click the anabolic forum
top RIGHT (orange color button) you see: +POST THREAD
click that

in Title: write your cycle name, like> My _____ Cycle Log
___ = the name of your log
example: My Pre-cycle Diet Training Log
in body: write your planned cycle or cycle you doing now, your diet, training and we will help you along on your cycle

here are examples of LOG Journals

P.S. are you listening to our podcast? if not, you should; this podcast is about steroids, sarms, peptides, and bodybuilding:

P.P.S. download our eBooks and learn more:

yes we would love to help you get things on track
rather than you go on trt when you don't even need it

lifestyle changes can definitely boost testosterone levels
some people truly need it and others just can make some changes and improve it

make some changes to your lifestyle and log it for us
I bet you after you do that things will change

LOG APPROVED - PLEASE POST A LOG

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

definitely get a log going
and track everything from your sleep to your diet to your training to everything else even stress