Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

not motivated to train due to disc issues

Powers200

there is a lot going on right now in my life and it got worse when i had to go to the ER for a bulging disc in my back which is impacting the nerves. i have 2 herniated discs and 3 degenerative discs. i also found i have a hernia that needs to be worked on. i still lift but it hurts, i don't want to quit the gym, what would you do in my situation?

you are going to need to quit the gym man. disc problems cannot heal if you keep pounding at them.

what i would tell you to do is simple:

1. go sign up for a good hot yoga studio (that will be your workouts)
2. use an inversion table

i suggest getting all healed and getting everything taken care of before you do anything more in the gym.. you are only making things worse by what you are doing...

The one thing you do not want to do is keep pushing through. You will only further injure yourself. I would find other types of exercise that interest you and give them a try. Yoga is a great one for flexibility and is actually very difficult at the start. You will want to put extra focus on your diet too.

I've had the exact same disc issues for years. I suggest looking into interventional treatment. Esoecially nerve ablation for your disc's. It won't repair anything but it will remove the pain. One of the best things I've ever done. And stay away from things that will make your issues worse like squats, deadlifts, etc. I no longer do those movements. These types of issues can only be fixed with surgery and I highly suggest avoiding that to a last resort. Its a very very hard and long recovery and does not always leave people better off