Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who has tried speed benching?

Trevino

Sorry for asking this kinda weird question but I am trying to learn more about speed benching and techniques that i can use. I think it is where you pick a weight that you can rep for 6 or 7 reps for example but you move it faster than usual instead of a slow squeeze. is this something stupid or worth a try?

Sorry for asking this kinda weird question but I am trying to learn more about speed benching and techniques that i can use. I think it is where you pick a weight that you can rep for 6 or 7 reps for example but you move it faster than usual instead of a slow squeeze. is this something stupid or worth a try?

I do speed bench with drop sets, like 4 max, 6 reps max, 8 reps max, until I get to 20.

Yes.

it is something you can try but not something you want to do more than 5% of the time. i think people would laugh at you if you did that your entire workout because it doesn't make any sense unless you are training to build up your reaction time. baseball players and people from certain sports like a WR or tennis player/boxer will do things like this for that reason to build reaction