coffee on a fast, what can I add?

Frankibun

I saw another thread on this and wanted to find out what you guys do when fasting and drinking coffee. I usually drink coffee with lots of cream and lots of sugar. now when I fast obviously i know i cannot do that, so what can I add to my coffee that will atleast keep me sane?

RealQuadzilla40

V.I.P.
Red
I saw another thread on this and wanted to find out what you guys do when fasting and drinking coffee. I usually drink coffee with lots of cream and lots of sugar. now when I fast obviously i know i cannot do that, so what can I add to my coffee that will atleast keep me sane?
I think you can drink coffee when you fast. Fasting is mainly food related.

SteveSmi

V.I.P.
there are different levels of fasting. if you get 100 benefits total by drinking coffee on a fast you eliminate about 30 of them (i'm just estimating). the main issue with coffee is gut health. if you want to recycle the stomach and cure things like IBS or crohns drinking coffee is going to screw that up.

having said that i have clients who are so hooked on coffee that i let them have it on a fast because it will not interfere with other things like insulin/glucagon or autophagy

so in that case you are allowed to add some PURE STEVIA. that is what i would have you add. absolutely no cream or sugar. if you want to focus on a high fat fast (again you aren't getting full benefits) then you can add some heavy whipping cream (very high fat) to your coffee but I personally do not recommend doing this cause dairy in the store is poor quality.

at the end of the day if you want to fast right then you need to just stick with JUST water and you can add in some electrolytes. it would be like going to the dentist when you have 10 cavities and only getting 5 of them done and leaving the rest. you are half assing things and not getting FULL BENEFITS

Masonic Bodybuilder

V.I.P.
The only option is black coffee. You just have to do it for a few days and you will actually start to prefer it. If not, then just eliminate the coffee while you fast all together. If you are concerned about headaches and withdrawal, you could get some caffeine pills.