Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Approved Log Mav's Knee Surgery Log (Right Lateral Meniscus)

mav you a king for pushing this log

PRE-SURGERY TRAINING ROUTINE

I do each day A, B, C once per week and the remaining days I do a mix of cardio, yoga and body weight training depending on how I feel. Being 49 I have to listen to my body and rest should I need more recovery time.

Day A

Warm Up:
Hi-Knee Hug + Spiderman Lunge + Rot. x20yds.
Leg Cradle 7 Lateral Lunge + OH Reach x20yds.
Inchworm + Push-Up / Psoas Kickbacks x10yds. Ea

1a Barbell Squat 3x10
(Injury modification - I swapped out squats for supersets of single leg extensions)
1b Incline Bench Ys + Ts x8 + 8

2a Db Arnold Press 3x10
2b BB RDL 3x8

3a DB Lat. Raise 3x10
3b Lying DB Skull Crusher 3x 10

4a DB Rear Delt Flye 3x10
4b Barbell Curl 3x10

5a SL Calf Raise 2x15ea.
5b Toe Raises 2x30

6a Rest Pause Pull-Ups - Set Clock for 5 min. - 3 pull-ups, 20 seconds
off, repeat for 5 min.

Day B
Warm-Up:
Get HR Up x1-2min
Leg Cradle + Lateral Lunge + OH Reach x20yds.
Inchworm + Push-Up / Psoas Kickbacks x10yds. ca.

1a Wtd. Push - Up 3x10
1b TRX Facepull 3x10

2a DB Chest-Supported Row 3x10
2b DB Low Incline Bench Press 3x10

3a DB Pullover 4x10
3b RKC Plank 4x45-60

4a DB Hammer Curl 3x10ea.
4b DB Triceps Kickback 3x10ea.

5a Battle Rope - 30s on, 30s off x3-5 rounds

Day C

Warm-Up:
Get HR Up x1-2min.
Leg Cradle + Lateral Lunge + OH Reach x20yds.
Inchworm + Push-Up / Psoas Kickbacks x10yds. ca.

1a BB Zercher Squat 4x8
(Injury modification - I swapped out squats for supersets of single leg extensions)
1b Hanging Leg Raise 4x8

2a DB SA SL RDL 3x8ea.
2b KB SA Front Rack Carry 3x20yds. ea.

3a DB Clean 3x8
3b DB Split Squat 3x8ea.

4a Copenhagen Plank 3x30
4b Seated Calf Raise 3x12ea.

5a Ski Erg 30 on/ 30 off - 4-6 rds.

POST SURGERY - same routine, but I removed/replaced any quad, glute press/lunge with activation and mobility exercises (not listing these because I pull them randomly from my brain bank depending on how I feel

Stitches were removed three days ago on Monday and both my surgeon and physical therapist are amazed and thrilled with my progress. They attribute it to staying strong before my surgery.

This routine was created as my cutting routine for Springtime, but I had to modify it for the injury.
Exactly right

Here we are 8 months later...my knee is ok. Certainly not perfect or ideal, but ok. It is vastly better than it was when I initially tore the meniscus, but my knee still clicks like a mf'er and I have a feeling I tore it again (in that the surgeon did not trim it enough and it frayed again) OR because of the surgery, which is essentially trimming out the torn cartilage, the lateral meniscus never settled back into a firm location and it is flapping around every time I extend my knee. I have relatively no pain, so that is the most important thing. I just experience an annoying cartilage click upon full extension so I feel it at the extended part of each walking step.

The only way to know for sure is to get another MRI and I am not doing that at this time.

I am fully deploying the ATG/KOT program to strengthen my knees and maximize full range of motion. My hope is that over time, my knee settles down a bit more.

Here we are 8 months later...my knee is ok. Certainly not perfect or ideal, but ok. It is vastly better than it was when I initially tore the meniscus, but my knee still clicks like a mf'er and I have a feeling I tore it again (in that the surgeon did not trim it enough and it frayed again) OR because of the surgery, which is essentially trimming out the torn cartilage, the lateral meniscus never settled back into a firm location and it is flapping around every time I extend my knee. I have relatively no pain, so that is the most important thing. I just experience an annoying cartilage click upon full extension so I feel it at the extended part of each walking step.

The only way to know for sure is to get another MRI and I am not doing that at this time.

I am fully deploying the ATG/KOT program to strengthen my knees and maximize full range of motion. My hope is that over time, my knee settles down a bit more.
@Maverick602 can you start this in a new LOG journal thread? new thread not this one
i follow that and I hope you heal well but your new cycle would like to follow it in a new one if you can

I would find a really good orthopedic who works with professional athletes not one that works with old people