Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

While Going on Holiday?

Simon

V.I.P.
Logger
So I am mid cycle and have vacation coming up. I will continue gear as scheduled, be body surfing and swimming in ocean regularly. We will be gone for 7 days.

I will likely continue to stretch every day, do some core work and pushups but aside from that wont be strength training while I do at home. I am also taking my road bike and may do a ride or two. I will also be looking to eat similarly to how I do now while grinding every day with the exception of more ice cream. This is our end of summer hoorah vacation for the family. Im not going to go soft but I will definitely be relaxed.

What does your regimen look like while on vacation while cycling? Do you stay just as strict as when home or relax a little bit?

You shouldnt go crazy but you also want to enjoy yourself as well. Do not fall of to where you ruin your progress but you want to make sure you enjoy your vacation as well. Balance is the key

You shouldnt go crazy but you also want to enjoy yourself as well. Do not fall of to where you ruin your progress but you want to make sure you enjoy your vacation as well. Balance is the key
I really think the only real change besides no weights is going out for ice cream almost every night. Thanks Finn

i don't know where you are going but last time i went anywhere it was a resort with a buffet and i had zero issues picking out healthy food. i avoid bad foods still, i don't want to have poor energy or stomach issues while on vacation. you can still enjoy yourself and still eat healthy, that is the misconception people have

So I am mid cycle and have vacation coming up. I will continue gear as scheduled, be body surfing and swimming in ocean regularly. We will be gone for 7 days.

I will likely continue to stretch every day, do some core work and pushups but aside from that wont be strength training while I do at home. I am also taking my road bike and may do a ride or two. I will also be looking to eat similarly to how I do now while grinding every day with the exception of more ice cream. This is our end of summer hoorah vacation for the family. Im not going to go soft but I will definitely be relaxed.

What does your regimen look like while on vacation while cycling? Do you stay just as strict as when home or relax a little bit?
@Simon when I go on vacation I don't keep my diet but I do 100 push ups 100 sit ups and 100 squats every day AM body stuff to keep tight

I lift even on vacation. there are gyms everywhere and its the first thing i look at when travelling who has guest passes

i don't know where you are going but last time i went anywhere it was a resort with a buffet and i had zero issues picking out healthy food. i avoid bad foods still, i don't want to have poor energy or stomach issues while on vacation. you can still enjoy yourself and still eat healthy, that is the misconception people have
@SteveSmi We have a beach house and will be doing a lot of food prep before leaving town and packing most food with us. I will be going out for ice cream, probably pizza one night and a few sandwiches, likely go out for dinner one night but it will likely be fish. I have no intentions of deviating much from my regular diet but don't want to be spending a lot of time in kitchen or restaurants while on vacation. The majority of "bad food" would be the ice cream parlors, pizza and sandwhich meat and bread and a few tortillas. Nothing real bad, just not ideal imo.

i still train on vacation, most places have decent gyms. usually i go for a jog while my wife is sleeping in
I will be in the ocean and on the beach playing with kids and surfing. Definitely riding my bike while gone in early am.