eating out too much

romero5

my family all have busy schedules on different parts of town. got 2 boys and 2 girls who are grown and it is easier to just meet for dinner a few times a week to hang out then everyone drive to one side of the city. what do you guys order in a typical restaurant situation that won't break the diet?

going2cycle

V.I.P.
If you eat 1 time per day you can eat a good big meal in restaurant with family so like 20 hour fast, 2 hours eating.

dylangemelli

V.I.P.
i dont eat out at all so i dont run into that... the very very few times i do, i have them steam or grill everything i order and i tell them no butter, no oil and light seasoning... thats generally on fish but at times chicken as well...

SteveSmi

V.I.P.
fast all day and just eat that dinner and make it something decent. something like a plain chicken salad and bring some bottled water. or a plain salad with plain steak. that is it

don't go in there and eat a fried meal with a coke and dessert

Masonic Bodybuilder

V.I.P.
I would probably not eat too much for the rest of the day because there will be hidden fats and dense foods mixed in there. Unless you want to go with a salad which is no fun.

Vision

V.I.P.
Gold
my family all have busy schedules on different parts of town. got 2 boys and 2 girls who are grown and it is easier to just meet for dinner a few times a week to hang out then everyone drive to one side of the city. what do you guys order in a typical restaurant situation that won't break the diet?
it honestly depends on my current goals and what I'm training that day or the following day, I will not shy away from a big fat juicy burger, sometimes I'll get the burger and request to get it wrapped up in lettuce.. other times I'll eat it on the bun.. if I want something particular and it's not on the menu, you'll be surprised of what they're willing to whip up for you.. sometimes I'll order some tuna steak with a side of vegetables and some rice.
and sometimes in the evening I'll crave some pancakes and blueberries, and I'll get a side of several sunny side up eggs with some bacon..

and sometimes I'll ask them to just grill up some chicken breast and season it, with a side of vegetables, some fresh fruit, with a side of cold pasta salad.