Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ab workout please

Noranz

I'm looking for a good ab workout to build them up. I'm pretty much a rookie with weight training compared to many on here, been doing it for 2 years. I'm already pretty lean but my abs are just tiny. I've read that core exercises are great for the abs along with using an exercise ball, what else?

Planks and knee ups are the best for abs. I would say strong core is strong abs basically.

planks are excellent... cardio will be what helps to show your abs... drying out, getting rid of any excess water weight, steam room or sauna etc...

If you are a rookie at training abs, just try some of the AthleanX programs. They are simple and only take a few minutes. Once you are comfortable with a bunch of different exercises, you can start to build your own routines.

Swimming. I recommend swimming.

Also here’s something you can do if you dare:

Carry a rucksack, pack it with 45lbs (Not including water weight) worth of shit (pack appropriately so it doesn’t shift all over you) and just go walking for the following durations over time.

Week 1-3 (2x/week)
4 miles @ 4mph pace (60min or less)

Week 4-6 (3x/week)
6 miles @ 4mph (90min or less)

Week 7-9 (2x/week)
10 miles @ 4mph (2.5hr or less)

Week 10-12 (1x/week)
12 miles @ 4mph (3hr or less)

remember to have the weight secure around your hips and swing those fuckers like your life depends on it keeping your core tight as possible. This is an easy way to focus on total body in a compound movement with some purpose that will really build your core, however - abs are indeed made (shown) in the kitchen.

best of luck.

Swimming. I recommend swimming.

Also here’s something you can do if you dare:

Carry a rucksack, pack it with 45lbs (Not including water weight) worth of shit (pack appropriately so it doesn’t shift all over you) and just go walking for the following durations over time.

Week 1-3 (2x/week)
4 miles @ 4mph pace (60min or less)

Week 4-6 (3x/week)
6 miles @ 4mph (90min or less)

Week 7-9 (2x/week)
10 miles @ 4mph (2.5hr or less)

Week 10-12 (1x/week)
12 miles @ 4mph (3hr or less)

remember to have the weight secure around your hips and swing those fuckers like your life depends on it keeping your core tight as possible. This is an easy way to focus on total body in a compound movement with some purpose that will really build your core, however - abs are indeed made (shown) in the kitchen.

best of luck.

3 hours of walking, how does that work the abs? sorry I'm a bit new confused. I just go an workout lol with my boys and bench mostly