Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fasting and the thyroid

stuartij

I am concerned about how fasting effects our thyroid because if you are not eating anything wouldn't that drop your metabolism and harm the thyroid? are there problems with intermittent fasting or longer fasts from hypothyroidism. need the experts help on this question.

I am concerned about how fasting effects our thyroid because if you are not eating anything wouldn't that drop your metabolism and harm the thyroid? are there problems with intermittent fasting or longer fasts from hypothyroidism. need the experts help on this question.

Your thyroid will go down during the fast but expect it to go back up after the fast. Give it time to recover and you'll do well. Fast takes time (post fast) to recover your thryoid.

No. Or else we, the human race, would have died out every time we went hungry.

fasting does not cause thyroid problems. no clue why people want to debate this topic with me as usual when you can fast yourself and get bloodwork and show this. it actually is very good for the thyroid and will strengthen it. things like Hashimoto disease are auto immune diseases and have nothing to do with fasting good or bad.

also when you fast your metabolic rate does not crash like it would when you eat in a calorie deficit. in fact with fasting your metabolic rate stays the same or even rises because your body goes into fight or flight mode. if this did not happen then animals in the wild would die of starvation cause they wouldn't be able to find food when hungry and our ancestors as mobster said above would have went exctinct years ago. so your calories out stays high when fasting even though you are not eating. when you eat in a deficit your calories out crashes too. that is why people who try the 500 calorie diet spin their wheels and go nowhere. cause now they are only expelling 500 calories and when they go back to eating more than they are in a calorie surplus

this is why fasting is SUPERIOR to sustained fat loss then stupid calorie deficit crash diets. when bodybuilders start figuring this out (as they are already) you won't see any of them crashing their carbs and being miserable anymore. they can just fast and feel great and get superior results. i have clients at the regional level already that i have taught fasting to who absolutely love it. what a weapon to use!

Fasting would not harm your thyroid at all. Yes, your metabolism would slow down eventually but if you are not eating then it makes sense. I have been using fasting techniques for a while now with very good results.