Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Over training on steroids possible?

bryWan

I have been training with a buddy of mine who has competed in Regional bodybuilding competitions and has been pushing me hard. He was telling me that if you're on steroids it's impossible to over train and he was pushing me to go at least 90 to 100 minutes per workout. You said that I should push myself hard to do weight training and cardio until I feel like I'm about to puke and that's how he got to where he was.
what do you think about this strategy and will it work for someone my age who was 43 years old

you cannot improve in a linear fashion
with any type of training the objective is to stress the body so it will improve.
pounding your body into the dirt will lead to injuries

there is such thing as balance and at 43 years old gone are the days of training 6X per week

I have been training with a buddy of mine who has competed in Regional bodybuilding competitions and has been pushing me hard. He was telling me that if you're on steroids it's impossible to over train and he was pushing me to go at least 90 to 100 minutes per workout. You said that I should push myself hard to do weight training and cardio until I feel like I'm about to puke and that's how he got to where he was.
what do you think about this strategy and will it work for someone my age who was 43 years old
you cant over train on steroids
dont worry about it train hard

Over traing always possible, steroids or not

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Sigh... half say it IS possible, half say it isn't and Vadim, who coaches clients, says 'there's no such thing'. Confusing replies or what lol

Let's start with that 1st. It is. However, many f**k themselves up and think they're over trained if they don't eat or rest right. Hence the lovely saying 'there's no such thing as over training just not resting enough or under-eating'. That's true for MOST people. However, by way on an example I have deliberately over trained to take advantage of so-called super compensation.

Now the idea that you 'can't on steroids' is patently just plain stupid. Again you can argue it's true if we accept most don't train that hard. But if you do go balls out you CAN still wear yourself out. It's just harder to do simply cos steroid use can and will let you get a lot closer to doing so and boom - you'll still grow etc

I don't change my training on cycle
Nor do I. I tend to use PEDs when I'm getting into the last and hardest parts of a strength cycle. Apart from the over training part mentioned above when I will train 2x a day and deliberately over train - this is only in the last 2 weeks pre competition.