Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is fasting something new?

mcbrided

I had a question about fasting. seems like it is becoming more and more popular as people talk about it. It used to be the only people who fasted were religious people, but now we are seeing a lot of people do it. can someone shed more light on this? i can't find a lot of rock solid info about the history of fasting with humans and with fitness.

I had a question about fasting. seems like it is becoming more and more popular as people talk about it. It used to be the only people who fasted were religious people, but now we are seeing a lot of people do it. can someone shed more light on this? i can't find a lot of rock solid info about the history of fasting with humans and with fitness.

Fasting is not new but the info about fasting was hidden before. Now it's out in open and everyone knows about it.

There's a TON on this very forum.

Plus it's been about since the 1900's (I sent fellow Mod Stevesmi info on Benarr Macfadden promoting it in the 1900's)

every religious book talks about fasting and every religion has days where you must fast. Ramadan for example must fast 1 month out of the year from sunrise to sunset, many fast the entire month entirely
catholics fast on certain days to avoid meat
jews fast certain days
christians fast certain days (many on sundays)
heard of Lent? Yom Kippur?
Buddhists fast, Hindu's fast

before these religions our ancestors would fast during natural disasters, wars, famine, disease, etc. its in our DNA that we must fast. we did not survive all of that if we needed to eat every 2 hours. we would have gone exctinct a long time ago. its actually why even today with billions of people who go hungry every night (even in the USA) our population continues to grow anyway

in the fitness world fasting has caught on the last few years because we are realizing how much of a weapon it is and how well it works for fat loss, gut health, immune health, cell recycling, muscle growth, organ health, eye health, brain health, energy, etc. there are sooooo many benefits.