supplementing lots of protein

I do a lot of carb cycling, I learned this while playing college sports. I lettered in 3 sports and pretty much played year round between baseball, football and basketball. Also ran some track too. I learned to carb cycle and it worked good for me. Now doing more bodybuilding my question is on a low carb cycle day do I need to up my protein powders from 1 to 4 to make back the protein I am missing out on?

SteveSmi

V.I.P.
don't fall into this whole 'count my macros' BS

it is just propaganda put out there by supplement companies to sell you fart powders.

if you are cycling your food daily as you should be doing, then you will eat less food across the board. that is the correct way to do it. athletes have been following that feast or famine protocol for decades

RickV

V.I.P.
Gold
I do a lot of carb cycling, I learned this while playing college sports. I lettered in 3 sports and pretty much played year round between baseball, football and basketball. Also ran some track too. I learned to carb cycle and it worked good for me. Now doing more bodybuilding my question is on a low carb cycle day do I need to up my protein powders from 1 to 4 to make back the protein I am missing out on?
When you are doing high protein diet you can take in good fats as a way to boost up your caloric count without raising your carb count. So just have good fats along with your high protein and you will reach your caloric goals no problem, maybe even a spoon full of Coconut oil in your protein shake, salads or to cook your meats will go a long way in adding calories from good fats to your diet man.

Mobster

V.I.P.
Think about why you're carb cycling. I'm not seeing a reason to make up the loss in calories with protein. And why powders over real food?